Friday, February 11, 2022

Ivan Tactical REVIEW

 



rat.bastard.reviews: Ivan Tactical Review


Disclosure: Id like to start by thanking Ivan Tactical; these guys have been excellent to work with and didn't hesitate to send me goods to review all the way from Russia so thank you guys so much for that. I do hope we can work together again in the future and wish you the best of luck moving forward. Now, if you don't know by now I begin every review with a disclosure statement letting my readers know that I received (almost) all Items listed below to be reviewed free of charge, This NEVER does effect my review and NEVER will. And if you don't believe that statement then you're a pussy fart, get chudded loser!


  Initial Impression: Okay my little queefs; Ivan Tactical sent me 1x Pantsir plate carrier SPOSN (Size Large)3x SPOSN AK-74 mag pouch's2x single 9x19 pistol mag pouch's1x SPOSN zipped utility pouch, and 1x SPOSN TT first aid medical pouch (IFAK). I purchased the Grom hanger with my own money. The quality is downright amazing, I would put it above any American plate carrier companies level of quality for the price (currently on sale for less then $100). If you are a fan of my low-brow shenanigans you probably already know I really like SSO/SPOSN products and that's not because of my affinity towards my ancestral Eastern European brothers and sisters, it's because they do more with less. The craftsmanship is comparable to products that cost 3-4X more on the American market AND I see initiative being taken on areas of design that simply aren't being done domestically And I like the result more.


  Breakdown:  The fit, I will say is better then a lot of the minimalist rigs I've had the pleasure of using, I like that it sits slightly lower towards my hips. This isn't enough to restrict motion, however, is enough to make me feel a bit more encompassed than with other carriers. And to be fair It really doesn't matter from a protective standpoint because you are only protected within the parameters of your Armor not the material from the carrier itself. That being said, you do have big padded and reinforced shoulder straps that not only remind you of a mans strong and loving embrace, but hold all this weight exactly where it should be and I fucking love it! Sprints, up-downs, low crawls, it moves with you not on you. This in turn means my armor is always right where it should be, protecting my vital organs and making sure I make it home on time for the next round of Sonoran dogs. The cummerbund is a bit snug, that is likely because I am a fat-ass, because by all definitions it is supposed to be snug.....moving on, The one and only real legitimate complaint I have with this product is the fabric covering the chest, Jesus I'm not some 90lb starved Warsaw Pact factory worker; The chest shouldn't cut in so far that my nipples are peaking around the corner of the plates! I need a little more then that boy's; I'm a modest man And don't want the local Publix Sub shop workers gawking at my perfect little nipples when I drop in for a 9pm chicken tendie sub in full kit.


  The Cordura carrier material itself Is very high quality Its very Durable, the stitching quality is exceptional, the pattern feels ergonomic and the placement is very natural. Overall the design is really well done and I'm not left with feeling that because I didn't pay over $300 for a plate carrier that I'm fucked or I wasted my money. I will say the Drag Handle feels obligatory, which I have noticed with other SSO products like the SMERSH however after a drag test of about 25 yards it did hold up to 220lbs of man plus kit weight. I really like the re-enforced padded shoulder straps they are hands down the most comfortable out of any plate carrier I have experience with and they preemptively solve the issue of directing the hose from a hydration system If you so choose to add one by creating a channel for its travel and securement.


  The colors match very well I've found most of the products from SSO match pretty well if you order the same color or pattern from different products, the only real deviation I ever see is when comparing different material; which is understandable from a manufacturing standpoint and even then they are still very close. For this kit I ordered everything in Olive Drab (OD) Green, I'm just going to come out and say It; this is not OD Green, and if I wasn't reviewing this I wouldn't have thought twice about it but its an approximation of OD Green. I've Seen surplus in this color, I've seen other military equipment in this color but its just too Saturated to call it Olive Drab if anyone actually gives a shit. 


  The accessories, I requested 3x of SPOSN AK-74 mag pouch's from Ivan Tactical and that's exactly what I got. Unfortunately at this time I do not own an AK 74, However I do own a Galil AR which takes 35 Round 5.56/.223 Galil Mags and they are a pretty perfect fit. The mags leave about .5" from the top round to the enclosure flap of the pouch, they don't rattle, shake, or slide they are held firmly in place by a simple and well executed design. These are probably my favorite part of this kit I absolutely love the enclosure system its quiet, fast and efficient. This is what I was talking about earlier when I mentioned design differences, These proprietary pull tabs are so intelligent and outperform the 2 standard western variations available in mass here being snap tabs and hook and loop Velcro. Not to mention they are damn durable and stand up in quality to the priciest of kit that I own. I also requested 2x single 9x19 pistol mag pouch's these are pretty standard they showcase the same level of attention to detail and durability I'm seeing through the rest of the kit, these don't showcase any exceptional features like the rifle mag pouches however are sold for just dirt cheap pricing without sacrificing quality which is why they would still get a serious recommendation from my greasy keyboard fingers. Now, before I continue on with the pork n' beans of my accessory review I think I should explain that when I requested The Items that I did I had a specific idea for this kit build, that being one that you might leave in your car as part of a "Get Home Kit" which would encompass everything you might need for an overnight stay in a hostile territory. That being said I do always carry other items in my car such as water, canned food items, jacket, medical supplies, emergency blanket etc. And this is my vision of a long-gun and armor addition to that. So with that out of the way I specifically requested 1x SPOSN zipped utility pouch and 1x SPOSN TT first aid medical pouch; both of these have had their contents spilled onto the floor and documented with pictures to show you what I was able to fit without cramming.

     SPOSN TT first aid medical pouch (IFAK): 1x Israeli pressure dressing, 1X Tourniquet, 4X Gauze pads,1X Wound packing, 4X Sterile Wipes, 1X Tweezers, 1X Travel Size Pain Reliever, 2X Medical Wrap, 2X Gauze Wrap, 1X Snake bite Kit, 1X Insect Bite/Sting Medicine. 


         SPOSN zipped utility pouch: 1x Survival in a can kit, 1X bundle of cordage, 1X toothbrush, 1X travel sized toothpaste, 1X can opener, 1X Steel Spork/Multitool, 2X Lighters, 2X Stormproof Match's, 3X Moist towelettes, 7X Uses Toilet Paper, Drier lint (great Firestarter),1X Fishing Line, 1X Fishing Hook.


    
  Normally, I would never recommend packing survival equipment into a pouch on your kit unless in a detachable backpack, However, in this circumstance it's an extremely purpose built kit and wont be used outside of those circumstance. Both pouches were extremely well built with multiple corded zippered compartments to hold goodies. The IFAK Pouch even came with two elastic securement bands that fit the Tourniquet and Israeli pressure dressing perfectly, neither of these deviated from the same durability and attention to detail I've been talking about the entire review. I'll just touch briefly on the Grom hanger, I purchased this Item myself It is also SSO/SPOSN it is Hook and look detachable featuring a corded zipper medium sized and matching in color. I got this to fill with Black Licorice, JuJubes, and Vodka Miniatures; I'm a disgusting human being I know.


  What didn't I like?: Well we talked about the mysterious case of the peek-a-boo nipples and the slightly ever to snug cummerbund, so lets dive into this carriers method of securement. I'm not talking about the MOLLE, that's battle proven and well executed here; I'm talking about the Hook and loop fasteners that hold in your plates and attach/encase the cummerbund. It just doesn't feel as secure as it should, It hasn't unattached itself for me, or lost its grip, or shown any sign of being defective; But it bothers me. Why couldn't they just add more? why couldn't they just add snap tabs? I just don't understand they were so close to a 10/10 perfect score, and for just a few cents more per unit they could have had a $100 plate carrier crush any of the $300-$400 plate carriers I've trained with. Now it's not a deal breaker, I still believe for the money its hands down THE BEST plate carrier you can buy, NO SHIT I feel that strongly about it. Now, do realize as I say this if we are talking about a hand made plate carrier in America by comparison, that is the reason for the price difference at a similar quality. That in itself is something to consider when purchasing from companies like SSO/SPOSN if it even matters to you, which it may not and that's fine.


  Final Thoughts: Ivan Tactical has tons of super rad goodies on the site please do go check these guys out and see what's coming stateside from our brothers to the....like pretty much entire North East. They are pushing out just top of the line products for so cheap it's insane. Knowing Russia these are probably made by prison workers which is kind of hardcore as well. I really can't say enough good things about this kit, I just recommend finding a shirt that hides those little ice cream titties if you're a bashful boy. I cant thank our sponsors enough and look forward to working with them again in the future. Lets all take a moment of silent prayer in hopes that SSO/SPOSN can overcome its learning disability and figure out colors. Until next time, Fuck off.


-Rat Bastard


@medved_ivan_store


https://ivantactical.com/